Great list! We seem to have very similar taste — except even the last 30% of Seveneves was awesome ;)
- The Stories of Your Life and Others by Ted Chiang (its short stories, but each one is GOLD. Read the title story “The Story of Your Life” before going to see Arrival next week in theatres).
- Rainbows End by Vernor Vinge
- The Peripheral by William Gibson
- Keep pushing on Three Body Trilogy… its a book of ideas more than plot, but worth it.
- and in non-fiction, I’d say The Victorian Internet and Code: The Hidden Language of Computer Hardware and Software. (in Code, skip around the chapters you already know… like skipping the “Units” chapter of every STEM textbook).